- Jamboree GMAT Preparation South East Delhi: 9 - AB, Taimoor Nagar, New Friends Colony, New Delhi Tel: (+91-11) 65654789/90, 26330336; South Delhi: B - 1/16, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi Tel: (+91-11) 41661811, 41661812, 26140741, 26142857 North Delhi: 2530, Hudson Lines, 2nd Floor, Near Kingsway Camp, North Delhi Tel: (+91-11) 27225695/98, 65650582 Gurgaon: NM - 4 & 5, Old DLF Colony, Near Sector 14, Gurgaon Tel : (+91-124) 4267730, 4267731
- Edstar GMAT Preparation Edstar is the overseas education arm of Wigan & Leigh College. The Edstar GMAT classes in New Delhi, India, are held at: South Delhi: 402-403, Ansal Towers, 38, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 19 Tel: 41674227, 41674281, 9891723316 North Delhi: Above Canara Bank, Hansraj College Compound, Malkaganj, New Delhi - 7 Tel: 27666121, 27666117, 9891108328 Noida: 2nd Floor, Krishna Complex, Main Nithari Road, Sector-31, Noida Tel: (95 - 120) 6455377, 9818442296 Sainik Farms: 86-A, Sainik Farms, New Delhi - 62 Tel: 29552849-51, 55655652, 9911565612; D-WING, Central Bombay Infotec Park, 101, Sane Guruji Marg, Jacob Circle, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai - 400011 Tel : 022 - 23015639 / 23015602 / 23015591
- Princeton Review GMAT Preparation The Princeton Review GMAT classes in New Delhi, India, are held at: New Friends Colony (South East Delhi): D-969, 2nd Floor, New Friends Colony, New Delhi. Ph. : (+91-11) 41626803, 41755725 / 6 Green Park (South Delhi): H-6, 2nd Floor, Green Park, Main Market, New Delhi. Ph. : (+91-11) 41755325 / 6 / 7 North Campus (North Delhi): 2271, 1st Floor, Hudson Lane (Behind Khalsa College), North Campus, New Delhi. Ph. : (+91-11) 27412119, 27412271, 30976725 Gurgaon: M-16, 2nd Floor, Old DLF Colony, (Next to Sec. 14), Gurgaon - 122001. Ph. : (+91-124) 4087884 / 5 / 6; Jayanagar: Sri Krishna Complex, 3rd Floor, 10th Main, 22nd Cross, 3rd Block, Bangalore - 560 011. Ph. : (+91-80) 41211705 / 6 / 7 Malleshwaram: No. 38/1, 2nd floor, 'MANSA' 5th Main, 8th Cross, Bangalore-560003. Ph. : (+91-80) 41281874, 41490425 / 6 Indiranagar: CMH Road (next to G.K.Vale & Co.) 1st Stage, No. 23, 3rd floor, Bangalore-560038. Ph. : (+91-80) 41152769, 41481552 Edstar GMAT Preparation The Edstar GMAT class in Bangalore, India, is held at: No. 30, Dickenson Road, Bangalore - 560 042, Karnataka, India Tel. (+91-80) 25574311/12/13, 56991406/07
- Veritas GMAT Prep The Veritas GMAT class in Bangalore, India, is held at: Le Meridien 28 Sanky Road Bangalore, India Tel. +1-310-589-2500
- Top Careers & You SCO-24, 25, Sector 9-D Madhya Marg Chandigarh Tel: 0172 - 4616169, 5072902; SCF- 8, 2nd Floor, New Jawahar Nagar Market Jalandhar, Punjab (India) Tel: 0181-3095522; 463-G, BRS Nagar Ludhiana India
- Council for American Education (CAE) A-409, Defence Colony, New Delhi Tel: (+91-11) 24330007, 41552577, 24330509; F-34 , Dhanraj Mahal, Next to Honkong Restaurant, Near Regal Cinema, Appollo Bunder, Mumbai - 400 039. India Tel. 91-22-56372944
Friday, July 10, 2009
Friday, July 25, 2008
The first step in the evaluation process ignores all but your combined Quantitative/Verbal score—the one on the 200–800 scale. It’s this score, along with your GPA, that B-schools generally use to evaluate applicants during their initial screening. In other words, if your GPA and combined GMAT test score, considered together by whatever formula the school uses, falls below a certain level, the school rejects your application without considering other factors—such as your GMAT test Analytical Writing score, letters of recommendation, personal statement(s), and work experience.
Once you’re past the first cut, the school will take a closer look at your GMAT Analytical Writing score. If you’ve scored very high in GMAT Analytical Writing—perhaps 5 or 6—the admissions committee might rank you higher among its remaining applicants despite a relatively low GMAT Verbal score. (This is where the individual Verbal score can become a factor in the admissions process.) In reality, though, applicants with lower GMAT test Verbal scores typically score poorly on the Analytical Writing as well. What’s more, in this case an outstanding personal statement would not accomplish much toward redeeming your application, because too many applicants obtain help in writing their personal statements. In other words, the personal statement is not a reliable indicator of your writing abilityin gmat , or you verbal skills generally.
Percentile rankings are solely for your information—to help you assess your relative performance. They aren’t reported to the B-schools. Even if they were, the schools would ignore them, because each B-school is interested in ranking you among only its applicants, not among all GMAT test-takers.
The overall performance of the GMAT test population has been improving gradually over the last several years. The reason for this trend has to do with the fact that the MBA degree has become increasingly popular, and that as a result the B-schools have become increasingly selective in admitting new students. The end result is that a given GMAT score doesn’t get you as far as it used to in B-school admissions. Thus test-takers are taking the GMAT test score more seriously than ever before; they’re studying harder, and therefore scoring higher.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Four and a half hours of testing in front of a monitor. I am sure many of you are used to this situation, but what if there are brain-scratching questions in front of you instead of the social networking sites like orkut where you talk endlessly . And every second counts.
A MAX GMAT SCORE: Maximum score is 800, which is calculated after the actual score is computed.
B MORE Harder is your answer, the more question become harder: The GMAT follows Computer Adaptive Testing ( CAT ). The better you do, the harder the questions will become till you make a mistake. But you get more credit for answering harder questions.
C IMMEDIATE RESULT: Since the GMAT is taken on the computer, the scores of each section (except AWA) are almost immediately available.
D TAKES TIME: The Analytical Writing Assessment section is scored separately on scale of 1-6, with 6 being the best. You get this score only after 2-3 wks.
E Practice makes man perfect in gmat: Tried and tested methods in standard books can significantly improve your GMAT scores
Monday, June 16, 2008
GMAT scores--valid for five years-are used in the business school admissions process to provide a common yardstick to compare candidates for admission, and to predict student success in business school. you will actually receive four scores on the GMAT.
- An overall score, ranging from 200 to 800
- A math subscore, ranging from 0 to 60
- A verbal subscore, ranging from 0 to 60
- A score for the Analytical Writing Assessment, ranging from 0 to 6
This number tells business schools exactly where you fell with respect to other candidates who took the GMATEach of the scores above is also accompanied by percentile rank. The percentile rank highlights what proportion of test takers scored lower than you on the test. The higher the percentile rank, the better you did. For example, if you received a percentile rank of 85, you did better than 85 percent of test takers.
Must to visit site
gmac.com -- the official site of the Graduate Management Admission Council. Contains some great information, resources, forums, and worksheets to help prospective MBA students determine the best programs and schools for you.
Monday, June 9, 2008
1. Kaplan GMAT 800
Written by Kaplan, a recognized leader in college test prep and admissions services, this book is an advanced guide for ambitious students who dream of high GMAT scores. The hundreds of very difficult practice questions (with detailed answers) cover math tactics, critical reasoning, and data sufficiency problems.
2. Cracking the GMAT
Written by the Princeton Review, this book is all about strategies and techniques that will help you score higher on the exam. It also contains 200 practice questions (with answers and explanations) and a CD-Rom with four full-length practice tests.
3. Master the GMAT
Written by GMAT test - preparation instructors and experts, McGraw- Hill's GMAT offers topic reviews, GMAT test strategies, practice tests, and more. The guide makes an excellent foundation for exam preparation.
so what you are waiting for, start preparing for GMAT!
When to take the test: You must first decide on an ideal date for your GMAT. In addition to personal convenience factors you must decide on a test date depending on the application deadlines of schools to which you wish to apply and the time you require to be fully prepared to score well on the GMAT test. It can take up to a month for official score reports to reach the business schools and most schools expect official reports to reach them before their application deadlines. Most applicants prefer to take the gmat test about two to three months before the school's application deadline so that the time between the test date and application deadlines is enough to complete the application forms, write essays and arrange original documents and recommendation letters for multiple schools. Based on this, decide on an ideal test date for you.
Registering for the gmat test: After deciding on a date at your end, you must immediately check for availability of testing space at a location of your choice. This can be checked online by going to the official site of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The seat availability can change quickly. If you are sure about the date and if it's available, you should register immediately. You would need to pay the required fee of US$250 by credit card.
If you are an international applicant and do not wish to pay by credit card, you can register at the Regional Registration Centers (RRC) of GMAC in your area for gmat.